On behalf of the ISAC Council, Organizing and Program Committees it is my pleasure to serve as the Chair of CYTO 2011: ISAC’s XXVI Congress
In Seattle ISAC successfully rebranded the ISAC Congress as a CYTO conference. CYTO 2010 was ISAC’s best attended and scientifically reviewed Conference to date and we look to duplicate this success in Baltimore.
As always the Society and CYTO’s aim is to keep pace with the speed of academic and commercial developments and to serve the increasing demand for networking within our expanding community – signaled by the very welcome rise in the membership of Associated Societies and the on-going efforts of ISAC to support cytometry in emergent world areas. CYTO 2011 will follow the same successful formula as CYTO 2010 with offerings to include:
- The CYTO Symposium – embedded in the middle of the congress reflecting the strengths in cytometry science and applications of the host region. The flexible format for the symposium gives the local organizing committee opportunities to give each CYTO a unique characteristic and provide a distinct platform for future partnered-events.
- State-of-the-Art in Cytometry Lectures addressing Technology, Science and Biomedicine – our way of getting the main meeting off to a great start and to ensure that we stay true to our origins.
- Frontiers Lectures and Plenary Talks – these highly regarded sessions will underpin an outstanding program.
- A new showcase session for Emergent Technologies And Engineering Innovations – showing the determination of ISAC to continue to acknowledge and support creativity in those areas.
- The Hooke Lecture – will continue to address the importance and responsibilities of our discipline framed within a wider context. We expect this to be both informative and inspirational.
- Parallel & poster sessions – for membership participation with an expanded process of peer review creating a high-value program, including a call for peer-reviewed Proceedings Papers to be presented at the meeting and published in Cytometry Part A.
- Workshops and tutorials – with topics that respond to the current needs of the membership with a strong input from affiliated organizations.
- A new design for the exhibition area with linked activities to enhance the attendee experience, exhibition attendance and networking opportunities between academic, clinical and commercial colleagues.
- Day-delegate deals and other innovations to in inject local attendance and exhibition through-put.
- A wider range of exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities
….. and many other familiar or new offerings, including: ISAC scholar programs, assisted-attendance deals, feed-back opportunities, awards, Associated Societies meetings, receptions and banquet etc.
Building upon the superb efforts of past Presidents, ISAC Council and our current President Paul J. Smith, the Organizing and Program Committees are focused on delivering a cost-conscious but high-value meeting with the assured support of our ISAC Executive Director and FASEB’s Office of Scientific Meetings and Conference’s staff. ISAC has taken particular care in selecting the Baltimore venue and we hope that attendees will have the opportunity to take advantage of the welcoming nature of the city, the convenient access to local facilities, a range of affordable accommodation, tourism opportunities and the wider beauty of the Mid-Atlantic region.
We look forward to your participation.
ISAC Councilor, CYTO 2011 Chair