On behalf of the ISAC Council and the CYTO Organizing and Program Committees, it is my pleasure to invite you to participate in CYTO 2012: ISAC’s XXVII Congress. In 2010, ISAC successfully rebranded the ISAC Congress as the CYTO conference, incorporating revised scientific and educational offerings and an annual schedule that helps us facilitate the rapid advancement of cytometry technologies and applications, as well as their geographic spread.
The first two CYTO conferences in Seattle and Baltimore were well received, both scientifically and commercially. We are excited to bring CYTO to Leipzig, an historical crossroad of Europe, for the first ISAC Congress in Europe since Budapest in 2008. The unique scientific and commercial strengths of Leipzig and the State of Saxony will make an interesting backdrop for an excellent program.
The CYTO conference supports the Society’s mission to advance the development of cytometry technologies and their biological applications by presenting a variety of scientific and educational activities to serve the increasing demands of our expanding community. CYTO 2012 will incorporate the same successful features as previous CYTO conferences:
- State-of-the-Art in Cytometry Lectures addressing Technology, Science and Biomedicine – launch the congress with a set of presentations that capture the latest developments in quantitative cell analysis
- Frontiers Lectures – featured presentations on cutting edge cytometry technology and applications presented by leaders in their fields
- Plenary Talks – themed sessions providing a comprehensive view of the state of the art in specific areas of cytometry technology and application.
- The CYTO Symposium – this special one day program reflects the strengths in science of the host region and provides a distinct platform for partnered-events
- Parallel & Poster Sessions – for membership participation via submitted abstracts with an expanded process of peer review creating a high-value program
- Interest Development Groups – opportunities for CYTO to serve as a forum to advance new cytometry-related technologies or biological applications
- Workshops – covering topics that respond to the state of the science of cytometry and the current needs of the membership and with a strong input from affiliated organizations
- Introductory Courses and Scientific Tutorials – Educational offerings that precede the congress tailored for cytometrists with basic, intermediate, and advanced levels of experience
- The Hooke Lecture – a timely and topical presentation by a internationally-recognized scientist or public figure that presents a thought-provoking and inspiring perspective on the importance and future of both cytometry and science in general.
- Day-delegate deals and other innovations to in inject local attendance and exhibition through-put.
Building upon the superb efforts of past Presidents, ISAC Council and our current President Paul J. Smith, the CYTO 2012 Organizing and Program Committees are focused on delivering a cost-conscious but high-value meeting with the support of our ISAC Executive Director and FASEB’s Office of Scientific Meetings and Conferences staff. Please check the CYTO 2012 website (www.cytoconference.org) often for information on invited speakers, abstract submission and other deadlines, and exhibition and sponsorship opportunities to see the program take shape as ISAC has taken particular care in selecting the Leipzig venue and we hope that attendees will have the opportunity to take advantage of all that Leipzig has to offer.
I look forward to seeing you in Leipzig.
ISAC President-Elect and CYTO 2012 Chair